Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Torrance, Southbay & Westside
The Pacific Pain & Wellness Group provides excellent Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation and care in Torrance. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is often associated with painful complaints immediately after an injury, which usually results from a violent blow to the head or an object penetrating the skull. Traumatic brain injury can have wide-ranging physical and psychological effects and may be accompanied by pain.
Signs or Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
Some signs or symptoms of traumatic brain injury may appear immediately or weeks later after the traumatic injury.
Mild TBI Symptoms
- Temporary brain dysfunction
- Nausea or vomiting
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Loss of balance
- Blurry vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Concentration or memory problems
Serious TBI Symptoms
- Pressure on the brain
- Physical damage or torn brain tissue
- Brain chemistry imbalances
- Convulsions or seizures
- Dilated pupils
- Inability to wake from sleep
- Numbness or weakness on fingers or toes
- Loss of coordination
- Slurred speech
Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Treatment Options
People who suffered significant brain injury will require medications, physical and mental rehabilitation and relearn basic skills, such as walking or talking, to improve their abilities to perform daily activities. The type and duration of rehabilitation varies by individual, depending on the severity of the brain injury and what part of the brain was injured. Separate Pain Management program is also developed. At Pacific Pain & Wellness Group, we provide the following mental Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation and treatment:
Medications are administered to limit secondary damage to the brain immediately after an injury may include:
- Anti-seizure drug- This medication may be given within the first week of traumatic brain injury to avoid seizure, which can cause additional brain damage. Patients who have had a moderate to severe traumatic brain injury are at risk of having seizures during the first week after their injury
- Diuretics- These medicines reduce the amount of fluid in tissues and increase urine output. Given intravenously to people with traumatic brain injury, diuretics help reduce pressure inside the brain.
- Coma-inducing drugs- This medication is used to put patients into temporary coma because a comatose brain requires less oxygen to function. Compressed blood vessels due to increased pressure in the brain are unable to function normally to deliver enough nutrients and oxygen to brain cells.
- Physiatry- Your Torrance Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation specialists or Pain Management specialists are trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation. They oversee the entire rehabilitation process, manage medical rehabilitation problems and prescribe medication as needed.
- Neuropsychology- Your Torrance neuropsychologists, Dr. Kartik Ananth and Dr. Mohan Nair, are trained to evaluate and treat the physical, cognitive, and behavioral consequences of brain injury. After they assess cognitive impairment and performance, they help patients manage their behavior or learn coping strategies. They also provide psychotherapy as needed for emotional and psychological well-being.
Why Choose Torrance Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Pacific Pain & Wellness Group is home to highly certified and experienced Pain Management specialists and neuropsychiatrists who provide outstanding care to individuals with TBI, including pain rehabilitation and Pain Management expertise. Each individual with brain injury has unique medical, cognitive and physical needs. After completing a comprehensive evaluation, Torrance traumatic brain injury care team customizes each treatment plan accordingly. Our TBI rehabilitation and treatment program includes:
- Specialized neuromonitoring and clinical interventions
- Assistive technologies to promote communication recovery
- Data-driven treatment protocols
- Progress assessments that address cognitive, linguistic, and physical function
- Provides education, advocacy training and support for families of brain injury patients
Traumatic Brain Injury Pain Management and Psychiatry Specialists
Schedule a Consultation
If you live in Los Angeles, Torrance, Southbay and Westside, contact us today for more information on our treatment options for Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation.
Call (424) 625-6600 for an Appointment