Group Therapy in Torrance, Southbay, Westside
Group Therapy at Pacific Pain & Wellness Group involves one or more psychologists who lead a group of two or more patients. Some people attend individual therapy in addition to groups, while others participate in groups only. Group Therapy is designed to collectively focus on a specific problem, such as depression, obesity, panic disorder, social anxiety, chronic pain or substance abuse. Other group therapy focus more generally on improving social skills, helping people deal with a range of issues such as anger, shyness, loneliness and low self-esteem.
Benefits of Group Therapy in Torrance
Group Therapy provides benefits that individual therapy may not. Your Torrance psychologists say that group members often say they find group setting a very rewarding the group experience. Groups can act as a support network and a sounding board. Other members of the group often help you come up with specific ideas for improving a difficult situation or life challenge, and hold you accountable along the way. Other benefits include:
- Encourages you to talk and listen to others, which helps you put your own problems in perspective
- Discussing shared experiences and realizing you are not alone
- Diversity or people have different personalities and backgrounds, and how they look at situations in different ways
- Understanding how other people tackle similar problems and make positive changes
- Discovering and learning a whole range of strategies from other people for facing your own concerns
Team of Psychiatrists in Torrance with Specialized Training
Group therapy sessions at Pacific Pain & Wellness Group are led by one or more psychiatrist with specialized training and experience, providing proven or scientifically-tested strategies for managing specific problems: Dr. Gelareh Solomon.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are suffering from depression, anxiety, chronic pain or other illnesses in Torrance, Southbay, Westside and Los Angeles and interested in Group Therapy, contact us today.
Call (424) 625-6600 for an Appointment